This policy describes how we treat personal information. It applies to personal information we collect on the sites and apps where it is found.
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, timezone, IP address and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse our website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our website and information about how you interact with our website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
As part of the registration process on bitgate.no or the BitGate app, we collect your name and phone number. We may also collect your physical and email address. When logging in through our app, we receive Personal Information such as your name, phone number, address, national ID number which are stored in our secure servers with restricted access. We collect information when you register on our site or fill out a profile. We also collect information when you make a transaction. We also collect information if you subscribe to a newsletter or respond to a survey. We refer to this as “Personal Data.”
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites or apps. For the purposes of this document, cookies also refer to data stored locally on your device by the BitGate app.
We use a combination of session cookies and persistent cookies in order to track how you use and experience our website, build anonymous statistical data about how our website is performing, and to power the personalization of website content to you.
- to remember your display preferences, such as contrast colour settings or font size
- to remember if you have already replied to a survey pop-up that asks you if the content was helpful or not (so you won’t be asked again)
- to allow people to stay logged in
- to alleviate the need for constant data sync
Also, some videos embedded in our pages use a cookie to anonymously gather statistics on how you got there and what videos you visited.
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
We collect only relevant and essential data limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed basis what we tell you in advance and that which you consent for.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We may use the Device Information that we collect to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We use the Transaction Information that we collect generally to fulfill any transactions made through the Site (including processing your payment information and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Overall we use Personal Information to
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services;
- Respond to questions about our solutions or resources or your relationship with us;
- Tell you about new products, to send you product surveys;
- Verify your identity for security purposes;
- Follow anti-money-laundering rules and regulations and to protect our company and our customers;
- Protect our websites;
- Contact you about your account and account settings;
- Contact you regarding updates to the features on our sites;
- Process orders and payments, or assist in value transfers; and
- Use information as otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We use Google’s Firebase for the following activities:
- To administer and host our push notification service, which makes us able to notify users of incoming transactions and other events of interest.
- To analyze user behavior, including crashes and “paths” to various targets.
- To test features by selectively rolling out different features to different users.
Please note that all information kept on Firebase about user behavior is anonymized, and neither employees at Google nor BitGate is able to look at specific users and their activities.
BitGate users Personal Information will be shared in order to achieve the abovementioned. You can find key information about Firebase’s privacy and security policy here.
We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
STORING OF DATA
Protection of data integrity is ensured by several measures. This includes, but is not limited to, data encryption, firewalls, control of physical access to our buildings and files, as well as restricting the access to Personal Information only to those employees who need it to fulfill their job responsibilities. All data is stored securely on access restricted machines. Databases are password protected, with access given only to the database administrators. All identifying and/or Personal Information is stripped from log files.
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. You can opt out of these at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe option at the end of the communication message or writing to us at support[at]bitgate.no.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
- The right of access – that’s a right to make what’s known as a ‘data subject access request’ for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification – that’s a right to make us correct personal data about you that may be incomplete or inaccurate;
- The right to erasure – that’s also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’ where in certain circumstances you can ask us to delete the personal data we have about you (unless there’s an overriding legal reason we need to keep it);
- The right to restrict processing – that’s a right for you in certain circumstances to ask us to suspend processing personal data;
- The right to data portability – that’s a right for you to ask us for a copy of your personal data in a common format (for example, a .csv file);
- The right to object – that’s a right for you to object to us processing your personal data (for example, if you object to us processing your data for direct marketing); and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – that’s a right you have for us to be transparent about any profiling we do, or any automated decision making. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Please note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information may be transferred outside of Europe – namely to the USA, Taiwan, and Singapore – but will stay compliant with EU privacy regulations.
We retain the data you have chosen to voluntarily share with us unless you ask for it to be deleted. Upon the user account not having been active for a year or the user requesting his/her account to be deleted, all information except for transactional history and registered information pertaining to that user is purged from our servers, given that all funds are transferred out previously. In compliance with Norwegian Regulation, transactional information might be kept up to five years so that BitGate can verify and ensure the legal and financial integrity of our system, and also prevent money laundering, fraud, and other criminal activities. All other data about for example logins sent and received messages as well as other metadata about your activity on BitGate is purged upon user deletion.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at support[at]bitgate.io or by mail using the details provided below:
VITAMINVEIEN 4, 0485 OSLO
You can also reach us at +47 922 88 775.
You are hereby also informed about the possibility to complain to the Norwegian Data Inspectorate (Datatilsynet) if need be.
Norwegian legislation applies to all Personal Information handled by BitGate in Norway. In the case of Personal Information being sent abroad, local legislation will apply.